Dr. Julie E. Dechant, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVS and ACVECC graduated from the University of Saskatchewan in 1996 and completed a Large Animal Surgery Residency at Colorado State University in 2000. She is board certified in the American College of Veterinary Surgeons and in the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. She received Faculty Teaching Awards from the School of Veterinary Medicine (2015) and UC Davis (2016). Dr. Dechant has been at UC Davis since 2004 and is currently a Professor in Clinical Equine Surgical Emergency and Critical Care at UC Davis. Her research interests are related to improving the diagnosis and care of large animal emergency and critical care patients. She also has a secondary interest in camelid medicine and associated research.
- Colic in the Pre-Partum Mare
- Thursday, September 8 • 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Biomarkers for Colic: What Do They Tell Me?
- Friday, September 9 • 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Colic in the Post-Partum Mare
- Friday, September 9 • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Camelid Emergency Toolkit
- Saturday, September 10 • 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Camelid Colic Decision-Making
- Saturday, September 10 • 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Acute GI Obstruction Patient: Dog vs. Horse vs. Rabbit
- Sunday, September 11 • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Management of Septic Joints: Dog vs. Horse vs. Bird
- Sunday, September 11 • 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Central Time (US & Canada)