Dr. Robertson graduated from the University of Glasgow in Scotland in 1980. After some time in mixed animal practice, she spent a year as a surgery intern followed by specialized training in anesthesia and analgesia at Bristol University (United Kingdom). While at Bristol she also completed her PhD investigating the physiologic effects of different anesthetic protocols in horses. She is board certified in anesthesia and in animal welfare in the USA and Europe and holds a certificate in small animal acupuncture. She has been a faculty member at the University of Saskatchewan, Michigan State University, and the University of Florida. Her research interests have focused on the recognition and alleviation of acute pain in cats, horses and even iguanas, topics she has published widely on.
She spent 2 years as an assistant director in the division of Animal Welfare at the American Veterinary Medical Association. In 2014 she completed her graduate certificate in Shelter Medicine at the University of Florida. In 2019 she received her certification as a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine Palliative and End-of-Life practitioner by the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine. Currently she is the senior medical director of Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice, a large network of veterinarians dedicated to end-of-life care and in-home euthanasia throughout the USA. Dr Robertson is also a courtesy Professor in the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida. She continues to volunteer at community cat clinics and High-Volume High Quality Spay and Neuter Programs.
- The Difficult Conversation: Delivering Bad News
- Wednesday, September 7 • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Euthanasia in Emergency Practice
- Wednesday, September 7 • 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Euthanasia: When Things Don't Go According to Plan
- Wednesday, September 7 • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Dealing with the Stress of Euthanasia
- Wednesday, September 7 • 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM Central Time (US & Canada)